- IT Help Desk II
Description of the vacancy:
- The IT Service Desk Technician II is a mid-level technical opportunity for an individual to oversee complex incidents end-to-end, have a hand in project management, and demonstrate magical/technical powers for the users we support.
Activities of the position:
- Works on-site and remotely to identify, troubleshoot, resolve, and document technical incidents encountered by users in various industries (predominantly healthcare).
- Potential to be based from a customer's site, but is expected to travel between sites as necessary.
- Serves as a point of escalation, mentor, and example to junior technicians, assuming end-to-end ownership of escalated incidents.
- Provides interface between Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), vendors, providers, internal resources (e.g. Server Group), and the customer in assigned projects and incidents.
- Reports to the District Manager, and is responsible for prompt and effective communications internally (e.g. teammates and supervisor) and externally (users ranging from entry level positions to the executives).
- Conceptually understands the interconnections of a Windows domain environment.
- Implements and enacts the measures necessary to properly maintain all devices, in addition to successfully troubleshooting the technical problems.
- Ability to navigates files, folders, and tasks via Command Prompt and/or PowerShell, and can script basic functions.
- Exudes proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite: namely Outlook, Word, and Excel (to include formulae, pivot tables).
- Must be able to troubleshoot remotely and from memory (within reason, of course).
- Responds to and prioritizes incoming service requests promptly and professionally.
- Recognizes and takes advantage of opportunities to share knowledge and experience with all end users.
- Collaborates with vendors, providers, and even competitors in a “same team” mentality focused on the shared goal of the customer's happiness.
- Must be able to respond to end users tactfully and politely regardless of nuisances.
- Understands that a job is not “completed” until everyone involved has been informed.
- Proactively evaluates situations from a “Big Picture” perspective to ensure that resolutions, proposals, and services are cost and time-efficient for the long term.
- Recommends, implements, and maintains hardware and software necessary to meet customers' needs and expectations.
- Exemplifies a “proactive” approach in their job duties and responsibilities
- Actively seeks out opportunities to be challenged and expand knowledge.
- Contributes to the team proportionately to expectations for receipt of contributions from the team.
- Adapts effortlessly to dynamically shifting priorities and circumstances without causing any stress to the customer or the team.
- Demonstrable experience with advanced setup, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of:
- Software: Windows OS (including Server) and applications
- Hardware: internal components, peripherals e.g. printers and scanners, network devices to include wireless, etc.
- One or more of the following competencies: Cisco routing and switching, Group Policy, Active Directory, HIPAA compliance, and/or ITIL measures (Service/Process ownership, Change Management, etc.)
- Functional knowledge of protocols and services underpinning IPv4: DHCP, DNS, ARP, VLANs, QoS, etc.
- Familiarity with and passion for current technologies and trends in corporate IT.
- Reliable form of transportation.
- Exceptional discipline, time management, and ability to work with minimal supervision and a high degree of autonomy.
- Other duties as assigned or needed.
- Language skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of an organization
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Exposure to ITIL framework
- Ability to assist with running, terminating, testing, and plating cables.
- CompTIA A+
- CompTIA Network+
- Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA)
- Microsoft - Any of the MCSA certifications
- HIPAA Compliance
- VoIP Systems and Devices
- Imaging Solutions
- Level of education required: Technician, Technologist or Professional
- Titles in the areas of: Systems Engineering or related.
- Time of experience in activities related to the vacancy: 3 - 5+ years of technical experience in a corporate environment.
- City of the vacancy: Medellín
- Hours per week to work: 48
- Availability 7x24 : Not
- Date on which work is required to begin: ASAP
- Salary range of the vacancy: $5'000.000 up to $7'000.000 COP Monthly
- Type of expected contract: Indefinite
- Requires fluent English: Yes, C1
- Requires US VISA: No
Esta oferta de trabajo es divulgada a través de ticjob.co.