- Software Test Automation Engineer
Description of the vacancy:
- We are looking to add an Automation QA to our fast-growing company!
- As the QA automation engineer you will test web applications and web services using automated test tools.
- Most important: a smart, motivated, curious person with good coding skills & understanding of web technologies.
- This position could be filled by someone coming from a development or QA background.
- Excellent spoken and written English.
- Experience working with source code control (Git preferable).
- Good knowledge of Unix, shell scripting, etc.
- Java coding skills.
- Working knowledge of SQL & relational database technology.
- Good understanding of the HTTP protocol and web applications in general.
- Understanding of Java App server concepts (Servlets, JSP, Struts, MVC, etc).
- Experience with Selenium.
- We have a fast paced highly collaborative environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- You need to be able to rapidly absorb new ideas and follow new directions that the collective thinking is heading in.
- You need to be able to champion your good ideas clearly and accept better ideas when they are presented, then clearly describe them in written specifications.
- A high level of attention to detail and personal responsibility for the quality of your work.
- Test automation experience. Experience with any of the following tools & technologies: JUnit, HTTpUnit, HTMLUnit, TestNG, SilkTest, Mercury, Rational Robot, Eclipse TPTP, etc.
- Experience with Hudson, Jenson, CruiseControl, AnthillPro or equivalent
- Experience with ant, Maven, Ivy, other dependency management frameworks
- Experience with Spring framework
- Load testing experience with JMeter, WAPT, other tools.
- Network technologies, Big IP, etc
- The technology stack includes Java web applications running on Resin app server with Struts, Spring, iBATIS and other open source frameworks, with a PostgreSQL database tier.
- Git & github.
- Build environment is built on Ant, Hudson & unix.
- QA automation framework is based on Java & open source technologies: JUnit, TestNG, HTTPUnit, Selenium, etc. (and new technologies...).
Activities of the position:
- Testing of web apps and web services via automation (requirements gathering, architecture/spec review, testcase design, bug reporting, etc.).
- The design, coding, maintenance & execution of automated test scripts.
- Running automated tests & regression tests, analyzing results, reporting bugs, etc.
- Creating, enhancing, improving and maintain automation framework.
- Some build, SCM & deployment activities Writing and maintaining build & deploy scripts.
- Working with team on implementing and executing load & performance testing.
- Level of education required: Professional or Graduate.
- Titles in the areas of: Computer software engineering or related.
- Time of experience in activities related to the vacancy: 2 to 3 years of experience of coding in java or as automation engineer.
- City of the vacancy: Medellín.
- Hours per week to work: 45.
- Availability 7x24: No.
- Date on which work is required to begin: ASAP
- Salary range of the vacancy: Negotiable.
- Type of expected contract: Indefinite.
- Requires fluent English: C1 or C2.
- Requires US VISA: Desired.
This vacancy is shared by ticjob.co